Skipping School and Stones

Skipping School and Stones

Crash! Crash!  The waves of Lake Champlain swirled onto the shore of Killkare State Park. We went camping this weekend because my dad had to chaperone at All State Music Festival.  I found lots of rocks there! I found sedimentary and metamorphic rocks. Sadly, I didn’t find any igneous rocks there.

The sedimentary rocks were by the water and they peeled off in my hands. They were grey and orange. They were smooth and thin and were good for skipping!  The most skips I had with a rock was five.  The most skips my brother got with a rock was eight.  

The metamorphic rocks were by the water. They were grey and white.  They were smooth and fat. I could see the different colors in them.  These rocks were not good for skipping.  They just made a kerplunk in the water!

The rocks were interesting because we are studying the types of rocks in science class.  I collected samples of metamorphic and sedimentary rocks to bring back to my class on Monday.  This camping trip was like a field trip because we got to go places and see the things we are learning about in school!

About Cherie Blessing

My name is Miss Blessing, and I would like to welcome you to our class blog! Teaching is the calling of my heart, and I hope to set an example of tenacious engagement in learning this year. Let the Great Adventure begin!